I was happy to work with the maker of one of my favorite gluten-free products, Mary's Gone Crackers, to create a beautiful, full of flavor, and easy holiday appetizer. I only work with high-quality products that I love and this is one of them.
The holiday season calls for seasonal and bright flavors such as this easy cheese appetizer. It can be made ahead of time and ready to go when the guests arrive. It is a quick appetizer recipe that combines 3 kinds of cheese with tangy homemade cranberry sauce, and all your favorite crackers. Share this gift with others and make this appetizer for any family get-together, potluck, or cocktail party during the holiday season.
I have loved these crackers for years and often bring some along to family parties. I know there will be good dips, sliced cheeses, or spreads so having my own gluten-free stash means I never miss out! Having a variety of crackers when serving many people is ideal and offering a gluten-free option is a great way to ensure all your guests get to enjoy the festivities.
What to Love About this Recipe:
- Simple recipe and easy to make
- Uses only a few ingredients
- 3 kinds of cheese add a punch of flavor
- Salty, creamy, tart, and crunchy all in one
- Pop of beautiful color thanks to the cranberry
- The spread and homemade cranberry apple sauce can be made ahead of time
- Festive color and flavors, great for Thanksgiving and Christmas
How to Make Holiday Cranberry Cheese Spread
The ingredients shown below are what will be needed for this recipe. You will need three kinds of cheese; sharp cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and crumbled gorgonzola. The cranberry sauce used is my homemade Instant Pot Cranberry Apple Sauce recipe. This recipe is tart, sweet, quick to make, and while it is cooking in the instant pot it makes the whole house smell amazing. You do not want to miss making this from scratch. Friends don't let friends eat canned cranberry sauce!
I love the Original Mary's Gone Crackers for this recipe not just because they are gluten-free, non-GMO, and organic. They are ideal for this because they are a rustic and hearty cracker that can stand to any spread and topping. They have a nutty flavor thanks to all the seeds which are the perfect accompaniment to tangy cranberry and sharp cheeses.
Bring the cream cheese to room temperature. When softened, mix with the finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and gorgonzola crumbles. Place in a serving bowl and serve immediately. It is best to serve at room temperature so it is easy to spread onto crackers.
On a cheese board or large serving platter, arrange crackers and cheese spread. Serve alongside the homemade Instant Pot Cranberry Apple Sauce, and crackers. Place cheese spreaders or knives along with the other ingredients.
Top some crackers with the cheese spread and dollop with cranberry apple sauce. I suggest using crackers that are bite-sized so they are easy for guests to eat. Nothing worse than biting into something that crumbles and falls or worse yet, stains your holiday best!
HOLIDAY CRANBERRY CHEESE SPREAD READY FOR THE PARTY!
PIN FOR SAFEKEEPING & SHARING!
Product Recommendations for this Recipe:
The Short Order Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission on the sale at no additional cost to you. This helps with the costs of running the blog. Thank you!
Holiday Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread
- electric pressure cooker
- 8 oz cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 C cheddar cheese finely shredded
- 2 oz gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 C Instant Pot Cranberry Apple Sauce https://theshortordercook.com/instant-pot-pressure-cooker-cranberry-apple-sauce/
- 2-3 kinds Crackers gluten-free or regular
- This recipe takes 10 minutes if the homemade Instant Pot Cranberry Apple Sauce is already made. If not, add additional time for that.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese with the cheddar and gorgonzola. Add fresh cracked pepper to your liking.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately. If not serving immediately, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Before serving, bring to room temperature so the spread is soft enough to easily spread on crackers. Once cheese spread is ready, display with assorted crackers, and the homemade cranberry sauce.
- Using cheese spreaders top a few with the three-cheese blend and dollop with the cranberry sauce. Enjoy.
- The cheese mixture can be made up to 3-days ahead of time or store wrapped in the refrigerator.
Thank you Mary's Gone Crackers for supplying the hearty gluten-free crackers for this lovely holiday recipe.