Here is a creative list of food blog names that will get readers to your site. If you have always wanted to start a food blog and just didn't know where to start, you have landed on the right page to get some ideas and how to get started. Think of what kind of foodie nickname applies to the type of blog you want to start and that is a good way to start brainstorming a name for your website.
Coming up with a clever name for a cooking blog will be easy once you follow my suggestions below. Then you are ready to pay for your domain and start your blog. Everything you need to know is in this article to be on your way to making money as a blogger, including all the dos and donts plus how to get started blogging today. It will also help you get ready to decide on a food logo to go along with your new business.
Food Blog Niches
First off you will want to narrow down what you want to blog about other than just something too broad like "food". You may want to blog about kid-friendly recipes, dining in your local area, how to garden and cook with what you grow, or anything else. Here are some of the most popular food blog niches:
- Recipes, Baking, & Cooking
- Farm to Table & Gardening
- Organic & Healthy Foods
- Specific foods or equipment - cookies, Instant Pot, grilling, etc
- Special Diets - Gluten-free, Vegan, Paleo, Keto, Whole30, Diabetic, Low-Fat, etc
- Travel Eats - Disneyland, Europe, New York, Cruises, etc
- Ethnic & Cultural Foods - French cuisine, All things Pasta, Curries, etc
- Dining out & Restaurant Reviews
- Product & Store reviews - Think of all the Trader Joe's and Aldi based blog
- DIY & Kitchen - Equipment, design, how to, trends, etc
When you have some ideas, getting a name for your blog and making sure that website address, domain name, is available is where you want to start. Picking a name for some is easy, but for others, it is often difficult. Hopefully, after you have read through this post, you will have just what you wanted in a name and excited to get started!
Creative Ways to Brain-Storm/Research Blog Names
Domain Name Generator
- If you have a few ideas or keywords you want to start brainstorming with, I suggest using a domain name generator. This one is great as it gives you lots of choices that are close, tells you if the name or similar ones are available, and prices for those available or for sale. Click here for the best DOMAIN NAME GENERATOR.
- A domain that ends is ".com" is the preferred and most recognized URL naming here in the USA. If you can, always opt for a name that has that suffix.
Check Availability of Blog Name, URL, & Social Media Accounts
- First and foremost you will want to make sure you are not picking a name someone else is using. By checking several sites and putting in your possible name, you will find out immediately if someone has the same name. The main places you will want to be able to find readers and followers are through your domain name, Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for example. Here is a good place to get started on some searches.
- Other sites, businesses, etc that have a similar name may not be a good idea as well. So keep in mind what is close. You could have readers confused and going to another site often versus yours. The other site may also not have a favorable reputation and that could bring down your chances of having a good reputation by similar name association. In addition, the extreme could be a big company can take legal action if they feel your naming is infringing upon their business. We had a similar case here where a wonderful local restaurant was named Buca and had been for a long time. Buca de Beppo moved into town and was not a fan of having another Buca in the same town - well guess who lost, resulting in a name change?
DISCLOSURE: The links below to Bluehost are affiliate links. This means that The Short Order Cook earns some revenue (at no cost to you) when you click through the link(s) and set up your service. The views expressed in this post are all the real opinions of the writer and are no way swayed by the company. The Short Order Cook is hosted by Bluehost, and it is a great service with impeccable customer service.
What to Think About Before Picking a Name for your Blog
- Make it Simple, Easy, and Likable - If readers cannot remember your name or it is too long or complicated to recall, the likelihood they will be repeat customers is slim. A short name like Soup Nerd is pretty specific, short, and probably easy to remember. However, a name like Soup and Cracker Lovers of Madison County is very long, too specific, and quite wordy, thus likely hard to remember.
- Using Your Name as Part of the Blog Name - This has its pros and cons.
- The pros include that this makes it personal and helps readers connect and identify you easily. It can also make the name more likely to be available if you combine a name with common keywords too. For example, the name Aiden can have a ton of spelling possibilities these days; Aiden: Aaden, Adan, Aden, Aidan, Aidyn, Aydan, Ayden, Aydin.
- The cons are that if you have a name that is difficult to remember or has a unique spelling, people may not remember it easily or misspell it and cannot find you. Also, if you ever choose to sell your blog, a name like Ben's BBQ Bonanza will probably not have as many buyers versus a name that is simply BBQ Bonanza. Unless you are lucky enough to find another Ben that wants to buy it.
- Extra Characters or just a difference between .com & .net- Having extra characters as part of your name such as dashes "-" can be a hindrance too. If you can steer away from this, I advise you to. It can make the name hard to remember but is also likely means that someone owns a pretty similar named site as well. It could be easy to confuse the two, for example; chocolatelover.com is being used but chocolate-lover.net is not. Awfully close and does not sound very unique in my opinion.
Food Bloggers Share: How I Picked My Blog's Name
Reading about other food bloggers and how they picked their blog names leads to great insight into the process. Learning from fellow food bloggers when I first started out was the best thing I ever did. Whether it was which hosting company to use or how to find a logo designer, learning from food bloggers that came before I have been the most useful thing I have done on this journey. Read about how I picked my blog name and how 6 other food bloggers picked theirs in my fun post --- Food Bloggers Share: How I Picked My Blog's Name
New bloggers always have the hopes of having an eye-catching website with a memorable name so that many readers return. The best food blogs do have catchy names or slogans, such as the popular ones you already know about; The Pioneer Woman, Tasty, Serious Eats, Smitten Kitchen, Pinch of Yum, etc. They often translate into good names for a cooking show or cookbook as well. Whether or not that is your aspiration, branding with the right name is important for marketing for both big and small blogs and companies. To start you want to set out to eventually be one of the best food blogs to follow.
Ultimate List of Food Blog Name Ideas
Just to get the creative juices going, here are some creative, fun, tasty, and food-related blog names if you are ready to start your own food blog. Whether you will focus on recipes, special diets, restaurant reviews, food science, or travel dining, the list below can jump-start some foodie blog names. These may or may not be available at the time you read this so make sure you use the name checker link above to see what is currently available. Here is the best creative list to help select a food website name.
Food Blog Names using Creative or Funny Ideas
Simple Two Word Food Blog Names
Food Blogs with Your Name (examples)
Niche-Specific Food Blog Name Ideas
- Peanutbutteronly.com (if anyone starts this, I will be your biggest fan!)
Start Your Food Blog Today
I have used Bluehost to host my blog since I started. I could not be happier with the ease of set up with WordPress or their amazing customer service. Not to mention the extremely low cost. To get step-by-step instructions, check out my post - HOW TO START A BLOG ON BLUEHOST.
Click to BLUEHOST to learn more and start today.
PIN FOR LATER AND FOR SHARING!