There is no better low-carb keto lasagna than this recipe using Crepini egg wraps. Stacked egg thins with creamy ricotta filling, rich tomato sauce, & tons of ground beef & spices are irresistible. So much flavor but so little work & guilt. Like my low-carb Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore, you need this lasagna in your life.
Keto lasagna this deliciously authentic and comforting is one of my best recipes thanks to the secret layer that is Crepini Egg Thins! If you love pasta and Italian food, eating low-carb, keto, diabetic-friendly, and gluten-free can be hard - not anymore!! Imagine a large slice of lasagna with layers of cheesy meaty Italian goodness stacked high. Then imagine that same slice of heaven is only 4 net carbs, FOUR! Best keto lasagna ever.
The secret layer that replaces the lasagna noodles in my recipe is Crepini Egg Thins. If you have never heard of them, you better check them out now at https://www.crepini.com/. No one will miss the pasta in this healthy gluten-free lasagna recipe. Enjoy a keto Italian complete meal with some crispy baked artichoke hearts & mealtime is easy & tasty.
Low-carb lasagna does not have to be with zucchini, eggplant, or with a noodle replacement. Vegetables in a lasagna recipe often create a pasta dish that does not hold up or tends to get watered-down or soggy due to the noodle replacement. This easy homemade low-carb lasagna does not get watery and is also gluten-free which is just amazing. This authentic lasagna al forno is the most amazing keto ground beef recipe.
I find them at my local Costco which is great as I go through them fast so a double pack is perfect. Many Costcos, Walmarts, Publix, and Sprouts Markets have them throughout the states, just check their locator on the website to find yours. A new addiction is about to happen and you are welcome!
- Nutritional Information for Crepini Lasagna?
- Ingredients for Crepini Lasagna
- What are Crepini Egg Thin Wraps?
- How to Make Low-Carb Keto Lasagna
- How to Assemble the Lasagna
- How Long to Bake Crepini Lasagna
- How to Freeze, Store, & Reheat Lasagna
- KETO RECIPES TO SERVE WITH LASAGNA:
- PIN FOR SAFEKEEPING & SHARING!
- LOW CARB KETO LASAGNA WITH CREPINI
Nutritional Information for Crepini Lasagna?
If you make the recipe as is, the nutritional information will be close to what I have calculated below. If you use different brands of cheese or a different pasta sauce, it will alter it as well. You can get this even lower with a different pasta sauce for example. For overall authentic flavor, this combo is ideal and soooo crazy low carb already. Enjoy it for all the comfort food that lasagna is meant to be!
- Per Serving: this recipe is for 4 servings
- Calories: 446
- Fat: 31
- Net Carbs: 4
- Protein: 32
Yes, that is what we have right here. This comforting keto lasagna recipe is not only low carb but is authentic tasting, and comforting, and it is also super easy to make. This is what I call a "half scratch" recipe where a few ready-made store-bought items are used to make prep time so much faster.
Ingredients for Crepini Lasagna
Instead of lasagna noodles or sheets, Crepini egg thins with cauliflower will be used as the pasta in this keto lasagna. You will also need classic Italian ingredients such as tomato sauce, ground beef, ricotta, garlic, parmesan, egg, and mozzarella cheese.
There are no noodles to cook and I use a store-bought pasta sauce from Trader Joe's or you can use Rao's sauce which is super keto-friendly. (shhh, do not tell Nonnie!)
What are Crepini Egg Thin Wraps?
They are crepes made of eggs, cauliflower, spices, and a few other ingredients. Crepini wraps are healthy, thin, and tasty wraps. They last for about a week in the refrigerator once opened, so enjoy them fast. They are great for breakfast burritos, tacos, quesadillas, sandwich wraps, ad lasagna. My other favorite is using them for the Best Keto Chicken Enchiladas.
- Certified Cage-Free eggs
- 8 calories each
- 1 protein each
- 0 carbs each (ZERO!)
- pliable to roll or fold
- tastes neutral which is great to use in so many sweet or savory recipes
* The above pertains to the Crepini Egg Thins with Cauliflower product
Crepini - similar in size to the round casserole dish (1.5-quart size)
How to Make Low-Carb Keto Lasagna
- Cook and season the ground beef.
- Mix the ricotta filling ingredients together.
- Layer the lasagna.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
Begin by browning crumbled ground beef in a medium-sized saute pan on medium heat. Add garlic clove in the final minutes. Drain fat and set aside. Next, in a medium-sized bowl combine the beaten egg, ricotta, and parmesan. Stir to combine. Now it is time to start layering the ingredients in the round pan.
Egg & cheese mixture for lasagna[/caption]
How to Assemble the Lasagna
How Long to Bake Crepini Lasagna
Just look at all those layers of ground beef, garlic, cheeses, tomato sauce, and egg thin layers. They stay together when sliced and the added egg ensures the cheese layer has not only more protein but holds together. The recipe below serves four people. I have two casserole dishes this size and next time I may want to make two of these so I have leftovers for lunch. We are a family of 5 but one of my kids is not a lasagna (mainly ricotta) fan. So, for now, this will do just fine but I really wanted leftovers once I started eating this.
How to Freeze, Store, & Reheat Lasagna
This lasagna is a great make-ahead recipe. You can assemble it and either bake it right away or wrap and bake it later. To freeze, wrap the casserole dish in plastic wrap and then foil to be sure it is air-tight. Keto lasagna can be frozen for up to 2 months.
To defrost, place the casserole dish in the refrigerator for 2 days. Once it has thawed, place the defrosted lasagna in the oven and bake as instructed. This works for both a prebaked and a lasagna that has been assembled and never baked.
If you have partial leftovers, wrap them or place them in an air-tight container. Then refrigerate for up to 3 days. To reheat microwave or heat in the oven until warm in the center.
KETO RECIPES TO SERVE WITH LASAGNA:
Serve this with a simple salad and my homemade ranch dressing. The amazing recipe is creamy, packed with herbs, and mayo-free!
If you want low-carb "garlic bread" to go with this, make my Keto Fat Head Rolls. I like to slice them in half, butter them, and sprinkle them with garlic powder.
Or find any of these great sides that go well with lasagna. Includes low-carb, gluten-free, & other great recipes to complete your meal.
PIN FOR SAFEKEEPING & SHARING!
Product Recommendations for this Recipe:
The Short Order Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission on the sale at no additional cost to you. This helps with the costs of running the blog. Thank you!
For Other Great Keto or Low-Carb Recipes, check out these:
LOW CARB KETO LASAGNA WITH CREPINI
- 8 Crepini Egg Thins w Cauliflower
- ¾ LB ground beef 80/20
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ C ricotta cheese
- ½ C parmesan cheese grated
- 1 C mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ C Trader Joes 3 Cheese pasta sauce
- additional parmesan & mozzarella for the top
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Brown crumbled ground beef in a medium-sized saute pan on medium heat. Add garlic clove in the final minutes. Drain fat and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the beaten egg, ricotta, and parmesan. Stir to combine.
- To assemble – Spray with olive oil a round casserole dish about the same size as the Crepinis. I used a 1.5 quart round casserole dish.
- Spread a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with two Crepini to cover as much of the bottom as possible.
- Spoon more tomato sauce on top of the Crepini. Spoon ⅓ of the meat mixture next. Top meat with ⅓ of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle ⅓ of the mozzarella next.
- Repeat 2 more layers with 2 Crepini, sauce, ⅓ meat, ⅓ cheese mixture, and ⅓ of the mozzarella. Once the 4th layer of Crepini is on top, spoon the last bit of sauce and sprinkle with a bit more parmesan and mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake on 425* for 30 minutes covered. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- Let set about 5 minutes before you cut into 4 portions.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 31.6g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 12.5g||55%|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.2g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||1%|
|Total Sugars 0.2g|
|Vitamin D 4mcg||19%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|