This fast 20-minute easy sheet pan recipe for oven-baked shrimp scampi recipe is the best. The garlic lemon sauce with tomatoes and zucchini completes the meal. This is an easy Italian shrimp recipe perfect for busy workdays.
It is the perfect weeknight meal that the kids will love too. The spiralized zucchini "zoodles" are fun for the kids to eat. A great way to get anyone to eat more vegetables. During summer when zucchini and tomatoes are abundant in gardens, farmer's markets, and stores, this is a simple way to roast seasonal vegetables so they burst with flavor.
Simply drenched in butter and some Italian herbs finish off this tasty one-pan shrimp scampi and vegetable meal. Oh, and the red pepper flakes are the final kick of spicy to make this scampi recipe better than most restaurants.
What is Shrimp Scampi?
Shrimp scampi is a rich and elegant Italian dinner recipe. Everyone who loves shrimp will agree that butter, lemon, herbs, and garlic is a simple but delicious way to enjoy shellfish. Not only is this sheet pan recipe quick to put together, but it also is ideal for all sorts of diets.
This sheet pan baked garlic butter shrimp recipe is keto, Whole30, low-carb, diabetic, gluten-free, and grain-free. So much to love about this shrimp and vegetable recipe.
If you love lemon and want another tasty and easy recipe that is also keto, low-carb, diabetic, gluten-free, and grain-free, you must try my ITALIAN CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS.
Ingredients for Sheet Pan Shrimp Scampi
Pictured below is everything you need for sheet pan shrimp scampi. You will need medium-sized or large-sized shrimp to ensure that the size is the right to cook at the same time the other ingredients will.
Small shrimp will be overdone and colossal shrimp may not be cooked enough. With this size of shrimp, you should need about 30-50 for this recipe. To learn more about the size of shrimp and why it matters, check out this guide - WITH SHRIMP, SIZE MATTERS.
Fresh cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and scampi sauce ingredients are all you need to make this a complete meal. I like to use different-sized and colored tomatoes. By using different tomatoes the smaller ones will burst open and roast more while others will stay plump. This is different than in when making roasted cherry tomato soup, where you want tomatoes of the same size.
This gives the dish different textures, colors, and flavors. I recommend that you spiralize the zucchini for this recipe. It ensures that everything cooks evenly. The zucchini will cook and become 'al dente' and the perfect "zoodle" texture.
How to Bake Shrimp Scampi in the Oven
Shrimp scampi roasted on a sheet pan is a quick dinner recipe that could not be tastier and more simple. Yes, 20 minutes. 10 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to cook. There really is no faster way to put an amazing healthy meal on the table. Sheet pan meals are so easy and this is one of the easiest.
Here are the simple steps to making shrimp scampi on a sheet pan with vegetables.
- Mix the Scampi Sauce
- Arrange the Ingredients on a Sheet Pan
- Bake in the Shrimp & Vegetables in the Oven
1 - Mix the Scampi Sauce
In a small mixing bowl or pourable measuring cup, mix together the sauce ingredients. Whisk together to blend.
2 - Arrange Ingredients on a Sheet Pan
Prepare the baking sheet by lightly coating it with olive oil or spray with a non-stick cooking spray. On half the baking sheet place shrimp in a single layer. On the remaining side spread out the vegetables also in a single layer.
Pour the sauce mixture over the shrimp, tomatoes, and zucchini evenly. Add salt and pepper to your preference.
3 - Bake the Shrimp and Vegetables in the Oven
Bake in the oven at 400° for 10 minutes. Shrimp should be pink and some tomatoes will have started to burst open. The zucchini will still be a bit firm and just right.
Serve immediately by plating all ingredients on four plates and spooning on the additional sauce left on the sheet pan. Garnish with additional lemon and fresh parsley.
Best Wine Pairing with Shrimp Scampi
For the best wine to serve with shrimp scampi, try one of these pairing suggestions. A dry crisp white wine works best as one of these varieties:
- Pinot Grigio - Italian pinot grigio are lighter & drier than versions from other countries & my recommendation.
- Sauvignon Blanc - the acidity offsets the buttery richness of scampi perfectly.
- Chardonnay - choose one that is not too oaky or sweet
If you are not a white wine fan and really want a glass of red wine, choose one that is light & low in tannins. Try a pinot noir or gamay rouge.
What to Serve with Shrimp Scampi
This is a complete meal on its own; however, if you want additional recipes for what goes well with this recipe, I have you covered. You can find delicious sides, drinks, and even desserts on one of the following links that include a bunch of great recipes that go with just about any of your favorite seafood recipes, including this sheet pan shrimp scampi.
All the amazing recipes are shared by the best food bloggers and include a wide variety of side dish ideas to serve with fish, shellfish, and more.
- WHAT TO SERVE WITH CRAB CAKES
- WHAT TO SERVE WITH COCONUT SHRIMP
- WHAT TO SERVE WITH LOBSTER
- WHAT TO SERVE WITH SCALLOPS
Product Recommendations for this Recipe:
The Short Order Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission on the sale at no additional cost to you. This helps with the costs of running the blog. Thank you!
Baked Shrimp Scampi
- sheet pan
- ½ C salted butter melted
- ¼ C olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic chopped (about 1 & ½ TB)
- 3 TB lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1.5 lbs medium shrimp peeled & deveind (tail-on or tail-off)
- 2 C cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini spiralized (or sliced thin)
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh parsley optional garnish
- lemon slices optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Prepare the baking sheet by lightly coating with olive oil or spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl or pourable measuring cup, mix together the first 7 ingredients (through red pepper flakes). Whisk together to blend.
- On half the baking sheet place shrimp in a single layer. On the remaining side spread out the vegetables also in a single layer. Pour the sauce mixture over the shrimp, tomatoes, and zucchini evenly. Add salt and pepper to your preference.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Shrimp should be pink and some tomatoes will have started to burst open. The zucchini will still be a bit firm and just right.
- Serve immediately by plating all ingredients on four plates and spooning on the additional sauce left on the sheet pan. Garnish with additional lemon and fresh parsley.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 38.1g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 16.6g||83%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|
|Total Sugars 4.4g|
|Vitamin D 16mcg||79%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition|
This recipe was shared on the WEEKEND POTLUCK
Did you make this The Short Order Cook Recipe?
Tag @theshortordercookblog (Instagram & Facebook) or @shortorder_cook (Twitter).
I would love to see your latest creations and kitchen adventures.