This recipe for a fun, fruity, & sweet Witches Brew Cocktail will put a spell on you. Shake up this pretty purple drink at your next Halloween party & impress your guests.
This purple witches brew cocktail is perfect for Halloween, costume parties, fright nights, & movie nights. The sweet alcoholic drink is a colorful treat the adults will love sipping.
Ingredients for Witches Brew Cocktail
This shaken cocktail has a few key ingredients. They make sure the beverage is a pretty purple color & also has a fruit flavor. Chambord is a black raspberry flavored Cognac liqueur from France & it is the star of this drink.
The best part about this recipe is that the type of alcohol added at the end is so versatile. You can use your favorite or a different one for your guests. Vodka, gin, or even white wine. There are so many alcohols that go well with Chambord.
- Chambord - the dark ruby reddish purple color & the sweet raspberry flavor is the ideal base for this cocktail.
- Vodka, Rum, or Gin - Vodka is preferred but rum & gin are just as tasty.
- Club Soda - the bubbly is key for a "bubbling witch brew vibe" & refreshing flavor.
- Lime - used for rimming the glasses & added juice to the drink.
- Green Sugar Crystals - for a festive sweet rim for the glasses add some sanding sugars.
- Purple Food Coloring -optional but recommended for a deep vibrant color
- Ice - small bubble ice cubes are ideal for
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Witches Brew
This recipe makes two glasses of witch's brew. The ingredients will fit into a cocktail shaker with plenty of ice for a couple of yummy cold & eerie cocktails.
Here are the easy steps for making two cocktails:
- Prep the Glasses
- Shake up the Cocktail
- Pour & Enjoy!
1 - Prep the Glasses
Grab two glasses that you want to use to serve this drink. I recommend round stemless wine glasses holding around 15 ounces each. The bubbly round shape is perfect for a glass of this potion.
Next, slice a lime in half. One of the halves will be used to squeeze the juice into the cocktail. The other is for decorating the glasses.
To one of the halves, cut into two wedges & rub the lime over the rim of two low-ball, old-fashioned, or stemless wine glasses.
In a shallow dish pour some of the green colored sanding sugar & dip the glasses upside down into it to coat some onto the juiced rims.
2 - Shake up the Cocktail
Fill each glass halfway with ice cubes.
I recommend the tiny round ice cubes for this drink. This bubble ice-making set is a must-buy for cocktail fans.
In a cocktail shaker fill halfway with ice. Add the two kinds of alcohol, 1-2 drops of purple food coloring, & the juice of the half lime.
Shake vigorously for 15 seconds. The shaker will be frosty & cold as the drink chills & combines.
3 - Pour & Enjoy!
Open the top of the cocktail shaker & pour the drink through the strainer. Distribute evenly between the two glasses.
Top with club soda. Garnish with additional lime wedges if desired. Enjoy immediately.
- Spitzer - add white wine instead of vodka, rum, or gin for Purple Halloween White Wine Spritzer!
- Black - for spookier vibes, use black food coloring instead of purple.
- Kid-friendly - omit the two alcohols & replace them with equal parts Grape Kool-Aid.
For a kid-friendly recipe that is a great mocktail and zero-proof with a witchy vibe, try my Hocus Pocus Punch.
The right ingredients, supplies, & equipment help recipes taste amazing & turn out well. Here are recommendations for products that are needed for making this recipe. Shop this recipe & buy these top-rated items today.
The Short Order Cook participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission on the sale at no additional cost to you.This helps with the costs of running the blog. Thank you!
Make a Pitcher for a Party!
Are you looking for a big batch cocktail to serve for Halloween or a costume party? This is the best alcoholic potion for your guests. Here is how to host a party pitcher of this recipe. To make 20 servings:
- Add 2 cups of Chambord, 3 cups of vodka, ¼ cup lime juice, & 10 drops of purple food coloring in a large glass pitcher. Stir to combine.
- To the bar area add an ice bucket filled with bubble ice cubes & a scoop.
- Put out several bottles of club soda - about 40 ounces total.
- Instead of rimmed glasses, use Halloween-themed clear plastic cups.
- In a picture frame, add a card with instructions how to pour your own cocktail. ** fill the cup halfway with ice, fill a glass with cocktail halfway & top with club soda.
HINT: for the ultimate spooky & eerie look, decorate the bar with dry ice. Put out small bowls & add dry ice pellets. Pour a bit of hot water on the dry ice to create a swirling smoke effect. Follow all dry ice handling safety rules!
All of these great tips are shared in the post. But these are so good and important they are worth mentioning again so you don't miss them.
- Decorate the glass rim with green sugar crystals for a festive & sweet bonus.
- Small bubble-shaped ice is both pretty & great for cocktails served on the rocks.
- Follow the big batch recipe when hosting a Halloween party or purple-themed event.
- Try it with different kinds of alcohol, it is great with vodka, gin, rum, or even white wine for a spritzer.
Since Chambord is a Cognac-based alcohol, it is a type of brandy. All Cognacs are brandy but not all brandies are Cognac. Cognac is a type of brandy made in a specific region of southwest France, the Cognac region.
For one of the best Halloween gin cocktails, try this recipe. The gin and bubbly club soda pair well with Chambord. Way better than a Chambord Bramble.
Witches Brew Cocktail
- cocktail shaker
- 2 short glasses - stemless wine, low-ball, etc.
- 3 ounces vodka or try gin or rum
- 2 ounces Chambord
- 4 ounces club soda
- 1 lime
- 1-2 drops purple food coloring optional but highly recommended
- green sugar crystals/sanding sugar
- tiny bubble ice cubes
- Slice a lime in half. To one of the halves, cut into two wedges & rub the lime over the rim of two glasses.
- In a shallow dish pour some of the colored sugar & dip the glasses upside down into it to coat some onto the juiced rims. Fill each glass halfway with ice cubes.
- In a cocktail shaker fill halfway with ice. Add the two kinds of alcohol, 1-2 drops of purple food coloring, & the juice of the half lime. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Open the top of the cocktail shaker & pour the drink through the strainer. Distribute evenly between the two glasses.
- Top with club soda. ENJOY & Happy Halloween.