This healthy broccoli salad with carrots, raisins, apples, and cheese is amazing. The creamy greek yogurt dressing is low-fat and made without mayo. This homemade broccoli salad recipe is tangy, crisp, fresh, and sweet in every bite. You can add nuts, bacon, sunflower seeds, or poppy seeds too for customizing just the way you like it. This easy broccoli salad is a great side dish but also a complete vegetarian lunch option.
Broccoli salad with Greek yogurt dressing is my favorite make-ahead salad. It tastes great right after mixing but it actually tastes better if it sits in the refrigerator for about an hour and then served. For that reason, it is the best broccoli salad for picnics, potlucks, parties, and barbecues when you want a salad that can be set out or premade. This fresh broccoli and cheddar salad is even great as a leftover, unlike other salads.
Broccoli & Apple Salad Ingredients
This broccoli salad is vegetarian, light, and full of fresh ingredients. It is also very colorful thanks to the combination of fruits and vegetables. The broccoli, apples, carrots, raisins, and green onions bring a punch of flavor and nutrition, such as Vitamin C & A, to the salad. The cheddar cheese and Greek yogurt add protein and calcium which completes this broccoli salad making it a wonderful side dish but also hearty enough for a meal all on its own.
Optional Add-Ins for Broccoli Salad:
- Crispy Bacon
- Sunflower Seeds
How to Make the Best Broccoli Salad
To make the salad, simply cut, dice, grate and chop up the ingredients as listed below in the recipe card. Place them all in a large serving bowl.
The Best Dressing for Broccoli Salad
This Greek yogurt dressing is the perfect creamy, sweet, and tangy recipe for any broccoli salad. The creamy texture is made using no mayo and instead is a combination of whisking together plain full-fat Greek yogurt, honey, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar. You can add poppy seeds as an option, to make a sweet and tangy poppy seed dressing for your broccoli salad.
Once the dressing is whisked together and ready, pour over the salad ingredients. Using tongs or a large serving spoon, gently mix the salad. Stir until all ingredients are lightly coated with the Greek yogurt dressing.
It is ready to enjoy. However, it tastes best if you chill it in your refrigerator for about an hour and allow the flavors to come together.
For any leftovers, store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. This broccoli salad stores very well and stays crisp and fresh for days.
What to Serve with Broccoli Salad
- INSTANT POT CREAMY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
- GRAIN-FREE FRIED CHICKEN NUGGETS
- INSTANT POT SHORT RIBS WITH GRAVY
- ITALIAN CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
PIN FOR SAFEKEEPING & SHARING!
Product Recommendations for this Recipe:
The Short Order Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission on the sale at no additional cost to you. This helps with the costs of running the blog. Thank you!
Broccoli Apple Salad with Greek Yogurt Dressing (no mayo)
- 4 C fresh broccoli florets cut into bite-sized1 pieces
- 1 C cheddar cheese cut into small chunks
- 1 medium apple cored & cut into small chunks
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1/4 C green onion green & white parts thinly sliced
- 1/3 C golden or regular raisins
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 1/4 C sunflower seeds or diced cashews OPTIONAL
- 1 C plain Greek yogurt full fat is best
- 1/3 C olive oil
- 2 TB apple cider vinegar
- 1 TB honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp poppy seeds OPTIONAL
- Cut and prepare the ingredients as listed above.
- To a large serving bowl add all the salad ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl add all the dressing ingredients. Whisk together to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad ingredients. Using tongs or a large spoon, gently combine the dressing with the salad ingredients.
- It is ready immediately but actually tastes better if the salad is tossed ahead of time. It is best when refrigerated for about an hour so the flavors can come together.
- This salad stores very well. Place in an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17.8g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 5.6g||28%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||11%|
|Total Sugars 21.5g|
|Vitamin D 2mcg||11%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Did you make this The Short Order Cook Recipe?
Tag @theshortordercookblog (Instagram & Facebook) or @shortorder_cook (Twitter).
I would love to see your latest creations and kitchen adventures.