Chicken spaghetti in the Instant Pot is a quick and easy recipe. This one-pot chicken and pasta recipe is comforting and delicious. The boneless skinless chicken breast cook until tender and ready to shred once it is done cooking. Adding the chicken back into the cheesy pasta is the perfect combination.
This creamy pasta & cheese dish is a family dinner favorite that kids and adults both love. The cream cheese plus 3 other kinds of cheese create a rich white sauce along with the spaghetti that cooks in chicken broth. There is no processed cheese in this recipe. It is made without Velveeta, using a combination of cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan instead, and it is the best cheesy chicken spaghetti recipe ever.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
Homemade chicken spaghetti for the pressure cooker requires a few simple ingredients that are likely staples in your house already. You will need spaghetti, boneless skinless chicken breasts, onion, garlic, spices, cream cheese, heavy cream, and other cheeses.
If by chance you have a rotisserie chicken and want to even speed up this process, you can use that also. To make chicken spaghetti with shredded meat from a rotisserie or leftover roasted chicken, simply leave it out of the Instant Pot when adding all the ingredients. Simply add it in the same step you would when you add the cooked chicken as listed below. ( you can even try it with leftover turkey if you want to - like after Thanksgiving!)
If you want a gluten-free chicken spaghetti recipe you can make an easy adjustment to this recipe.
- You can use gluten-free pasta instead of regular spaghetti
- You can leave out the pasta step, cut the liquid down in half and cook as-is. Then add the creamy chicken mixture to something else like spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles (zoodles), or even pre-cooked. rice.
How to make Chicken Spaghetti in the Instant Pot
If you have never made pasta in a pressure cooker, the key is to make sure the noodles are submerged under enough liquid. They are usually the first two items to be added into the insert just like in this chicken spaghetti recipe. First, add in the broth and break the spaghetti noodles in half. Add a handful of the spaghetti in alternating layers so that they do not all stack up together - this will result in them sticking together and not cooking.
Next add the chicken breasts, sliced onions, garlic, and all the spices to the Instant Pot. This will all be on top of the broth and spaghetti noodles. The pasta will then be at the bottom and submerged in the liquid as seen below.
Set the Instant Pot to Cook the Chicken Spaghetti
Once all the ingredients are in the pressure cooker, add the lid and make sure the seal is in place and the valve is closed. Set the Instant Pot to MANUAL for 8 minutes. It will take about 15 minutes to come to pressure and then another 8 minutes to cook.
Once it beeps and is done cooking, you will want to do a MANUAL RELEASE. So be please be careful as the steam WILL BE HOT - open the valve on the top and let the steam release until the unit unlocks.
Once it is ready, open the lid. Using a slotted spoon scoop out the chicken pieces and set them aside. Next, add the cream cheese chunks and stir in to melt with the spaghetti. Shred the chicken pieces, these will be hot too so be careful.
The next step includes adding the shredded chicken back into the Instant Pot along with the spaghetti. Then finally add all the cream and the remaining cheeses. Stir to combine completely.
Once all the ingredients are mixed together, the spaghetti and chicken will be completely coated by the creamy white cheese sauce. The pasta will be cooked perfectly and the chicken will be shredded and tender. Scoop into pasta bowls for serving. Top with more parmesan cheese if desired.
What to Serve with Chicken Spaghetti?
Any of your favorite side dishes for pasta will be great to serve with creamy and cheesy chicken spaghetti. Since there are protein and carbohydrates in this recipe, what I suggest to make a complete meal is to add some vegetables. A salad or steamed vegetables would be quick and easy side dish options to serve with the recipe. Here are the best sides to serve with chicken spaghetti, such as the steamed broccoli pictured below.
- INSTANT POT STEAMED BROCCOLI
- POMEGRANATE SPINACH SALAD WITH PEARS & GOAT CHEESE
- AMAZING ROASTED GREEN BEANS WITH EVERYTHING BUT THE BAGEL SESAME SEASONING
- CIABATTA BREAD
PIN FOR SAFEKEEPING & SHARING!
Product Recommendations for this Recipe:
The Short Order Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission on the sale at no additional cost to you. This helps with the costs of running the blog. Thank you!
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
- pressure cooker
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound spaghetti broken & separated
- ¾ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in large chunks
- ¼ large onion thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 8 oz cream cheese softened at room temperature & cut in small chunks
- ¼ C heavy cream
- ½ C shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ C shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ C grated parmesan cheese
- additional parmesan cheese optional for topping
- To the insert of your Instant Pot or pressure cooker, pour in the chicken broth. Next, break the spaghetti noodles in half and add a handful at a time to the chicken broth. As you add each handful, layer them in an offset pattern so some are going vertical and then next is horizontal. This is important so they do not stick together.
- Add the chunks of raw chicken, onion, and garlic next. This will push the noodles further down into the broth. The spaghetti should be completely submerged at this point. Sprinkle with the seasonings.
- Be sure the seal is on your lid correctly and the valve is closed. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it into place. Press MANUAL and set the timer to 8 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is done, you will want to do a manual release of the pressure. BE CAREFUL, STEAM WILL BE HOT. Using a long wooden spoon or something else, gently open the valve and release the pressure and steam
- Remove the chicken pieces with a slotted spoon and set them aside on a dish to cool.
- Add the small chunks of room temperature cream cheese to the spaghetti in the pot. Stir to melt and combine. Shred the chicken and add it back into the pot. For the final step, add the cream and 3 remaining kinds of cheeses.
- Serve in pasta bowls and top with more parmesan cheese if desired.
- For leftovers - store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You may need to add a splash of cream to bring it back to its smooth creamy texture and stir when warming it in the microwave.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 13.1g||66%|
|Total Carbohydrate 44.7g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|
|Total Sugars 0.9g|
|Vitamin D 3mcg||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Did you make this The Short Order Cook Recipe?
Tag @theshortordercookblog (Instagram & Facebook) or @shortorder_cook (Twitter).
I would love to see your latest creations and kitchen adventures.