Crispy oven-baked marinated artichoke hearts are the easiest recipe ever. It is so simple to cook marinated, canned, or frozen artichoke hearts in the oven on high heat to get crispy outside and tender inside. It is a fun way to prepare artichokes and one of the best ways to cook them up for a warm healthy snack. This is a quick recipe for anyone that likes finding new ways to prepare artichokes.
One ingredient, a few minutes in the oven, and you have some deliciously addicting roasted artichoke hearts. They are best as tapas, appetizers, healthy snacks with dip, salad pizza topping, side dishes, and more. Artichoke hearts also make a wonderful cracker or chip replacement that makes a good gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb, and keto dipper.
Besides enjoying these as a great snack, appetizer, or topper, these make a great side dish. If you want a quick side for any meal, especially Italian recipes, make these addicting artichoke hearts. I love to plate them with creamy kinds of pasta like Lobster Ravioli in Garlic Cream Sauce or keto recipes like my Lasagna with Crepini.
What you Need to Roast Artichoke Hearts
All you need is one ingredient, marinated artichoke hearts. I love the added flavor the jarred artichoke hearts in oil have, so I am using them here in this recipe. Be sure to drain as much of the marinade as possible when using these.
However, you do want some as this will not just flavor the artichoke hearts, but the oil also sort of sheet pan "fries" them as they bake. That oil also helps make them crispy on each side.
How to Roast Artichoke Hearts in the Oven
This artichoke heart recipe is so easy to prepare and the oven-roasted char really adds so much flavor with one simple step. To cook frozen, canned, or marinated jarred artichoke hearts in the oven, you only need a few simple steps. Drain or defrost your artichoke hearts to start.
Next, arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet. If are using canned or frozen artichoke hearts, you will want to spray the sheet pan with cooking spray so they do not stick since these do not come packed in oil.
Crispy Baked Marinated Artichoke Hearts roasted on the sheet pan[/caption]
Bake them in a 425° oven for 10-12 minutes on each side. The marinated ones with all that oil may smoke up a bit. If so, get your kitchen hood fan on just in case. Watch the artichoke hearts and flip them when they are at the roasted color/doneness you prefer, I like mine pretty dark and crispy. Some artichoke leaves that may fall off will get really crispy like a chip - those are the best ones!
*This can be made in an air fryer. I have not tried it but here is a similar recipe idea for cooking them from Allrecipes - AIR FRYER ARTICHOKE HEARTS.
What to Do with and How to Enjoy Roasted Artichoke Hearts
- Perfect for potlucks, game day/Super Bowl, showers, anniversaries, parties, and more
- As is for a tapa, snack, or appetizer
- Use instead of a chip to enjoy with dips
- Topping on an Italian chopped salad or any pizza
- Add to cold or hot pasta dishes
- Side dish or topping for chicken, seafood, or pork
So MANY ways to enjoy these roasted artichoke hearts. My favorite is with a dip, especially anything cheesy. I recommend serving these crispy baked artichoke hearts with SOUTHERN PIMENTO CHEESE.
Crispy Baked Marinated Artichoke Hearts with a dip[/caption]
PIN FOR SAFEKEEPING & SHARING!
Product Recommendations for this Recipe:
The Short Order Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission on the sale at no additional cost to you. This helps with the costs of running the blog. Thank you!
Crispy Baked Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- sheet pan
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts - can also use boxed or canned
- dip of your choice optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Drain or defrost your artichoke hearts to start. If are using canned or frozen artichoke hearts, you will want to spray the sheet pan with cooking spray so they do not stick since these do not come packed in oil. Then arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake them in a 425° oven for 10-12 minutes on each side.
- The marinated ones with all that oil may smoke up a bit. If so, get your kitchen hood fan on just in case. Watch the artichoke hearts and flip them when they are at the roasted color/doneness you prefer
- Using a slotted spatula remove them from the sheet pan and plate. They can be put on one large plate for sharing or multiple small plates for individuals.
- Enjoy as-is, with dip, or see the above notes on what to eat them with or use them as a topping for.
- Store any leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. They are just as snack-worthy even when cold!
Did you make this The Short Order Cook Recipe?
Tag @theshortordercookblog (Instagram & Facebook) or @shortorder_cook (Twitter).
I would love to see your latest creations and kitchen adventures.