This no-bake pie for frozen Oroe peanut butter cup pie is so easy to make. The rich Oreo chocolate cookie crust & creamy peanut butter cream cheese filling is a match made in heaven. The joy of Reese's peanut butter cups in the form of a frozen pie. Who wouldn't just love a slice of this?
It is all things wonderful about summer and dessert. This pie is creamy yet cool plus rich and sweet. I have to confess. I am one of those people that loves her Reese's Peanut Butter Cups straight out of the freezer. They taste 10000x better frozen, right?! This is why this pie is so addicting to me. It is cold peanut butter and chocolate heaven.
- Why You Will Love This Pie
- Ingredients for Oreo Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- How to Make Frozen Oreo Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- Add Filling to the Oreo Cookie Crust
- How Long to Freeze the Oreo Pie?
- Serve the Frozen Oreo Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- Variations & Substitutes
- More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Frozen Oreo Peanut Butter Cup Pie
You will love this recipe if peanut butter and chocolate are your passion. If that is you, then you will also not want to miss out on making my recipe for the best ever OLD-FASHION PEANUT BUTTER BALLS They are a sweet treat that is a must for every Christmas.
Why You Will Love This Pie
I can think of 100 ways this peanut butter & chocolate frozen pie is the best but here are a few reasons you must make this dessert.
- No-Bake recipe
- Cool, cold, & creamy which is great for summer & hot weather days
- So easy & takes just 20 minutes to prep
- Only 6 ingredients needed
- Store-bought pie crust saves time
- Chills in the freezer, no oven needed
- Great make-ahead pie recipe
- Stores well for up to a month
- Classic peanut butter & chocolate combo is a favorite!!!
Ingredients for Oreo Peanut Butter Cup Pie
All you need is 6 ingredients to make this peanut butter & chocolate freezer pie. This pie is great for anyone that loves cheesecake, peanut butter, chocolate, and especially Reese's peanut butter cups. It takes all the yummy stuff from any of those great desserts into one perfect recipe.
My version of this old-fashioned peanut butter freezer pie is a little less sweet than other recipes. The pie is made with more peanut butter than other recipes plus the powdered sugar is reduced. I find the pie is very sweet even with this adjustment. By using the dark chocolate mini peanut butter cups, the touch of bitterness in the dark chocolate helps add a bit of balance that I find ideal.
- Peanut Butter - use your favorite brand but do NOT use natural peanut butter
- Cream Cheese - full-fat is best
- Powdered Sugar - confectioner's sugar adds sweetness & keeps it smooth
- Cool Whip - adds lightness to it so it is not too dense
- Ready-made Oreo Chocolate Pie Crust - the perfect chocolate base for the peanut butter filling
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - the must-have topping
See the recipe card for amounts and step-by-step instructions.
How to Make Frozen Oreo Peanut Butter Cup Pie
This recipe is super easy - like 1-2-3 quick. Here are the simple steps to make this no-bake peanut butter & chocolate pie in an Oreo cookie crust.
Mix the Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Filling
In a medium-sized mixing bowl add peanut butter and softened cream cheese. Mix thoroughly on medium with a hand mixer. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed to ensure all is combined completely
Add powdered sugar and on low, mix with a hand mixer. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
Fold in the Cool Whip
With the rubber spatula, fold gently the thawed Cool Whip into the mixture. Combine until the mixture is smooth and completely incorporated together. There should not be any peanut butter lumps or sections of just Cool Whip.
It does take a bit to get this folded in. Be patient, it is worth the effort. Folding ensures the pie is not dense but smooth & light even for a freezer pie.
Add Filling to the Oreo Cookie Crust
Once it is mixed well, time to get it in the pie crust. Remove the clear cover from the ready-made crust. Pour the mixture into the cookie crust and smooth it out so the filling is evenly distributed.
How Long to Freeze the Oreo Pie?
Once the pie is assembled, it is ready to go in the freezer. This no-bake pie is so easy. The hardest part is waiting for it to set and be ready for slicing.
Begin by sealing up the pie so it is freezer ready. Flip the clear lid so that it is a mound over the pie and press the foil edges over the lid to seal it back over the pie. Freeze pie for at least 2 hours before serving
Serve the Frozen Oreo Peanut Butter Cup Pie
About 10 minutes before serving, remove the pie from the freezer to bring it to room temperature. This will ensure it is easy to slice.
Remove the clear dome cover and using a pie cutter, slice 8 equal-sized pieces, and place them on dessert plates. Top with peanut butter cups that have been cut into ¼ or ½ pieces.
Variations & Substitutes
This pie is so simple with just a few ingredients to ensure it tastes just like Reese's peanut butter cup. It is amazing as written. However, if you need to make a change due to dietary needs or what you have on hand, here are a few alternate ingredients & recipe changes you can make.
- Oreo Cookie Pie Crust - you can use a graham cracker crust instead.
- Deluxe - drizzle on hot fudge along with the chopped candy for a slice of pie that is crazy good.
- Reese's Pieces - Fold in 1 cup of Reese's Pieces into the peanut butter filling.
For a gluten-free version of this peanut butter pie, you can change out the crust very easily. Oreo makes gluten-free cookies to make your own crust. I also make this without a crust. It slices just fine for a grain-free version. The rest of the ingredients are gluten-free.
This freezer pie stays in the freezer when not serving. Keep the lid on it and it will last for up to 3 months if never sliced. Once it is sliced, the air exposure will speed up the quality of the pie.
Sliced peanut butter cup pie with chocolate will last in the freezer for up to a month. But it is best enjoyed within 7 days of slicing.
Do not store it in the refrigerator. The contents of the filling will make the crust soggy.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
You can never have too many easy recipes for pie in your arsenal. So here are some other quick & simple desserts that you will just love. Plus more peanut butter desserts to love. Or try one of my many recipes for Easy No-Bake Desserts.
Frozen Oreo Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- 1.25 C Peanut Butter creamy
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 8 oz Cool Whip thawed
- bag mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- 1 premade Oreo Chocolate Cookie Crumb Pie Crust 9 inch size
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl add peanut butter and softened cream cheese. Mix thoroughly on medium with a hand mixer. Scrape bowl with a rubber spatula as needed to ensure all is combined completely.
- Add powdered sugar and on low, mix with a hand mixer. Scrape bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- With the rubber spatula, fold gently the thawed Cool Whip into the mixture. Combine until the mixture is smooth and completely incorporated together. There should not be any peanut lumps or sections of just Cool Whip.
- Remove the clear cover from the ready-made crust. Pour the mixture into the ready-made Oreo cookie crust and smooth it out evenly. Flip the clear lid so that it is a mound over the pie and press the foil edges over the lid to seal it back over the pie.
- Freeze pie for at least 2 hours before serving.
- About 10 minutes before serving, remove the pie from the freezer to bring to room temperature. This will ensure it is easy to slice.
- Using a pie cutter, slice 8 equal-sized pieces, and place on dessert plates. Top with peanut butter cups that have been cut into ¼ or ½ pieces.