For the ultimate list of foods that start with C, check out the lists I have compiled here. There are some foods on this list you will recognize but also some you may have never heard of before. But they are all foods or drinks starting with the letter “C”. After reviewing this list you will learn more about all sorts of yummy things. So the next time someone asks you what are some foods beginning with “C”, you will be able to list off many with no problem. (could come in handy with kid’s projects or crossword puzzles)
Yet, there are so many food items starting with C to list. This post could never include them all but I have broken them down into several categories for you to find just what you are looking for. Continue reading to find out about common, unique, fruits, vegetables, and drinks, where all these foods begin with the letter “C”. By the time you finish reading this list, you will know all about so many foods that start with C. How many have you tried, and do you have a favorite?
Recipes That Start With C
Common Foods That Start With C
- Caesar Salad – a salad of romaine, croutons, parmesan cheese, and dressed in a creamy anchovy dressing but was originally made without anchovy and was invented in Tijuana assumably by Caesar Cardini.
- Cake – a sweet baked good that comes in many flavors, shapes, and types but the main ingredients typically include flour, eggs, sugar, and other ingredients.
- Calzone – considered a “folded pizza” with traditional ingredients such as the pizza dough, ricotta, tomato sauce, and mozzarella.
- Chicken – the most common type of poultry protein consumed in the world.
- Cheesecake – a dessert cake made from cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and other flavorings.
- Chocolate – this most popular sweet treat is made from the fruit of the cocoa trees and has a rich flavor that can become milder as more sugar or cream is added to create the final preparation.
- Clam Chowder – an American soup that consists of clams, cream, potatoes, and other vegetables.
- Cotton Candy – a spun-sugar confection that was actually invented by a dentist, William Morrison, in 1897 and premiered at the 1908 World’s Fair.
Unique Foods That Start With C
- Calamari – squid that has been prepared for eating.
- Capers – a pickled flower bud from the caper bush.
- Caraway seeds – the seeds of the caraway fennel plant that is dried and have a nutty bittersweet taste.
- Carnitas – translated as “little meats” is typically a slow-cooked braised pork.
- Cassava flour –finely ground white flour from the cassava root that is gluten-free and grain-free.
- Ceviche – a South American raw seafood dish that is cured in citrus juices with seasonings, and onions.
- Chevre – a soft cheese made from goat’s milk.
- Confit – any food (meats, fruits, etc) that is processed by cooking it slowly at a low heat as a form of preservation.
Fruits & Vegetables That Start With C
- Cabbage – a leafy green, red, or white vegetable that comes in large heads and can be eaten both raw or cooked.
- Cantaloupe – a variety of muskmelon with distinct peachy orange-colored flesh and is high in potassium.
- Carrots – a root vegetable that is high in vitamin A and often in an orange variety but also can be found in purple, white, and yellow varieties.
- Cauliflower – a white cruciferous vegetable that comes in large heads on stalks that is high in fiber and vitamin B.
- Celery – a green stalk vegetable that has Vitamin A, C, and K.
- Cherry – small stone fruits from cherry trees that can come in red, white, and other colored varieties.
- Collard greens – a member of the cabbage family and are typically dark green leaves that are cooked low and slow and a staple of Southern cuisine.
- Cucumber – a green oblong vegetable that grows on a vine and is most commonly eaten raw or pickled.
Drinks That Start With C
- Cabernet Sauvignon – a red wine varietal.
- Calvados – a brandy made from apples.
- Cappuccino – espresso-based drink traditionally layered with steamed milk foam.
- Chablis – Chardonnay wine from grapes grown in the Chablis region of France.
- Cider – an alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage made from the fermented juice of apples.
- Coffee – a beverage brewed from roasted coffee berries.
- Cognac – a type of brandy produced in the Cognac region of France.
- Cola – a sweetened carbonated beverage that is typically caffeinated but comes in a variety of flavors, colors, and brands with the most common being Coca-Cola.
PIN FOR SAFEKEEPING & SHARING!
Product Recommendations for this Article:
The Short Order Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission on the sale at no additional cost to you. This helps with the costs of running the blog. Thank you!