For the ultimate list of foods that start with B, check out the lists I have compiled here. There are some foods on this list you will recognize but also some you may have never heard of before. But they are all foods or drinks starting with the letter “B”. After reviewing this list you will learn more about all sorts of yummy things. So the next time someone asks you what are some foods beginning with “B”, you will be able to list off many with no problem. (could come in handy for trivia nights or crossword puzzles?)
Yet, there are so many B foods to list. This post could never include them all but I have broken them down into several categories for you to find just what you are looking for. Continue reading to find out about common, unique, fruits, vegetables, and drinks, where all the foods begin with the letter “B”. By the time you finish reading this list, you will know all about so many foods that start with B How many have you tried, and do you have a favorite?
Recipes That Start With B
Common Foods That Start With B
- Barley – a cereal grain that is high in magnesium and fiber.
- Basil – an herb that is used in both fresh or dried form most commonly used in Italian cooking.
- Bay Leaves – an aromatic leaf typically used whole in slow cooking recipes like soups and sauces.
- Beef – a source of protein from the meat of cattle.
- Black beans – a popular dry or canned bean most often eaten in soups or Mexican and Central American cuisines.
- Black pepper – one of the most common spices in the world, usually accompanies salt in savory dishes and has a mild spicy flavor.
- Brazil nut – a large buttery tasting tree nut from native trees found in the Amazon rainforests in Brazil and other countries.
- Bread – a staple in many diets across the world often a combination of wheat flour, yeast, and water that is baked into many shapes.
Unique Foods That Start With B
- Bamboo shoots – available in fresh, dried, or canned varieties as the edible shoots of certain species of bamboo plants often used in Asian cooking.
- Batuan – a green sour fruit commonly found in the Philippines.
- Bean curd –
- Bearberries – more commonly called lingonberries, are tiny red berries similar to cranberries.
- Bison – red meat of the bison, or buffalo.
- Bitter melon – a sour fruit that resembles a bumpy elongated cucumber more than a round melon.
- Black currant – tiny tart berries not found typically in the USA due to the ban of the plants due to a fungus they spread that threatened pines.
- Broccoli rabe – also known as rapini, a slightly bitter vegetable resembling a long stalk of asparagus and a green flowered end similar to broccoli.
Fruits & Vegetables That Start With B
- Bananas – one of the world’s most popular fruits, which is actually classified botanically as a type of berry.
- Beets – a root vegetable can be roasted or pickled.
- Bell peppers – a mild and slightly sweet pepper commonly found in green but can be found in other colors like red, orange, or yellow.
- Blood Orange – a variety of orange with a bright red/crimson flesh color that some say is almost “blood-colored”
- Blueberries – small blue/purple berries often used in baking or enjoyed fresh for their low calorie and antioxidant source.
- Bok choy – small tender white cabbage stalks often used in Asian cooking.
- Broccoli – one of the most common cruciferous vegetables in the world that was originally grown in Italy.
- Brussel sprouts – they look like miniature cabbages that grew on a stalk and have a slightly bitter taste but have been popular in Brussels, Belgium for years where it gained its name.
Drinks that Start with B
- Banana milkshake – usually a blend of fresh bananas, milk, and ice cream to cream a sweet thick drink.
- Bellini – a cocktail made with Prosecco, Italian sparkling wine, and peach puree.
- Beer – one of the most widely consumed alcoholic beverages that are brewed from cereal grains.
- Black coffee – a beverage made by steeping ground coffee beans through hot water.
- Black Russian – an alcoholic beverage made with coffee and vodka.
- Bloody Mary – a cocktail that consists of vodka, tomato juice, Worchestershire sauce, and spices and is typically garnished with celery stalks, olives, and even those that go all out with marinated green beans, candied bacon, and others.
- Brandy – an alcoholic beverage made by distilling wine.
- Bubble/Boba tea – a wide variety of tea-flavored beverages originated in Taiwan that most commonly include small chewy tapioca balls.
PIN FOR SAFEKEEPING & SHARING!
Product Recommendations for this Article:
The Short Order Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission on the sale at no additional cost to you. This helps with the costs of running the blog. Thank you!