Most of us know the secret of a good fun book club. Rule #1 about book club; it isn't about reading a book. The best book clubs involve your favorite people, a cocktail or some wine, tasty food, & lots of fun. So the next time you are hosting, enjoy these Book Club Snack & Drink Recipes.
Like sharing a good book with friends & family, I am sharing my favorite recipe ideas to make any gathering even better. From small bites to bold cocktails, book club has never tasted better. With these recipes, the food will be the talk of the party - forget about that ole book will ya!
Whether you are a beginner or a gourmet cook, there is something for anyone to make here. Feel confident in serving these appetizers, small plates, snacks, drinks, & desserts. Whether you are hosting or it is a potluck, these recipes will be a hit.
I am including a wide range of tastes and diets so there is something for everyone. You will find gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, high-protein, low-carb/keto, dairy-free, & nut-free recipe ideas for your book club guests.
All of these recipes are easy to eat. Perfect for multitasking between nibbling, sipping, & talking. Here are the types of recipes shared here today:
- Appetizers/Small Plates
- Snacks & Dips
- Cocktails & Drinks
- Sweet Desserts
Here are the best appetizers & small plates to serve for the next book club party. There are cold & hot recipes. All are perfect for grazing on during any book discussion.
Snacks & Dips
Offering munchies at a book club is ideal. The grab-and-chat option, whether sweet or savory, is a party must. Along with these tasty dip recipes, your guests will be happy. Offering up a variety of store-bought crackers, chips, & salted nuts too.
Cocktails & Drinks
Whatever the guests are sipping can make or break a book club party. I suggest offering 3 options minimum, with one being a mocktail or non-alcoholic. You know your guests best so choose from these refreshing, fun, & potent potables.
Before your guests go, they need to have something sweet. These desserts are perfect for any book club party. There are many dessert recipes on my site, but for book clubs, I find these smaller ones are best. Perfect for holding in one hand while the other hand has a cocktail or glass of wine.
For a successful book club party, follow these tips & tricks:
- Know your guests so you can offer dietary & allergy-sensitive items if needed.
- Create a menu & shopping list at least a week ahead of time.
- Choose both hot & cold items.
- By a few store-bought items like crackers, sliced cheeses, fruits, nuts, & canned cocktails or beers.
- Calculate 3-4 drink offerings & 5-6 food choices per 10 people. For Example for a party of 12 people offer 4 drinks (wine, cocktail, sparking water, & a soda) & 6 snacks (wings, sliders, chips/dip, deviled eggs, cookies, & brownies)
- Make at least one recipe that can be prepped or cooked ahead of time, such as the sliders or most of the desserts.
- Set out everything buffet style & enjoy your guests!